Friday, January 14, 2011

Stuff I like for Winter

Oprah has her favorite things and I'd like to get in on the act. There are a few things in my life at this time of year that I adore. Some items are must haves and some are just nice to have but all are cherished.

Last night Hubby remarked that he knew it was Winter because his cuticles were painfully cracked. Stuff I like for that is Burt's Bees hand Salve. I had some tucked away in my manicure tackle box and gave it to him. ( Honey if you are reading this don't forget to slather some on. *kiss*)

Cold weather and dry arctic winds gives a body lizard lips. It isn't pretty. Stuff I love for purity and effectiveness is Lip Smacker 100% natural Vanilla Bean Lip Balm. ( Cue angelic singing.) It is a blend of olive oil, beeswax, fruit essence, aloe and vitamin E. I wish the tube lasted longer.

Normally I don't advocate killing but sometimes you just have to. My next thing that makes Winter bearable is my defence against germs!  I must kill them, kill them all!You think you don't care about germs until a snotty little kid openly sprays you with a sneeze filled with active virus. So gross. Most awesome hand sanitizer ever is Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Sheer Moisture, ultralight formula. It has a slight citrus scent and leaves your hands soft and virus free. The best part is it kills 99.99% of germs. I guess the .01% is left alive as a warning to the others or something.

I cannot face the cold season without fuzzy socks. I start shopping for fuzzy socks as soon as the leaves start to turn. My favorite pair are fuzzy socks that have ferret faces embroidered on them and little rubberized nubs on the soles so I don't slip. These are genius. They look stupid but they feel so right. Sometimes I wear them under normal socks and double up.

I like this stuff too-

Hot cocoa
Electric blanket
Lasko space heater shaped like a chiminea
Dog pajamas for the poodle
Hot apple cider
Christmas lights, pretty

I have my fuzzy ferret socks on right now and my hands smell faintly of citrus. After I slide on another coat of Vanilla bean Lip Smacker I'll be ready to face the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment