Saturday, January 15, 2011

Having an Android Phone doesn't make me cooler

It made me feel trendy and current for about 15 seconds. That feeling evaporated when the salesman had to show me how to answer it. I kept stabbing at it with my finger; poking pathetically at the shiny screen. I think he thought that I was pretending to be technically retarded as a joke.

"Just swipe it,Swipe It! He insisted.
So naturally I took the phone and swooshed it back and forth in the air in a swiping motion. He leaned over and swiped his finger across the green call bar and  the call was answered. ( I swore I could hear the theme song from 2001 A Space Odyssey playing in my head.)

I may not be a cool nerd but I like looking like one. I have a really nifty ring tone for when I get texts. It sounds like Conga drums. The only thing is that I hear these drums when I'm shopping and I look around like " What the hell is that?"

I think my ring tone for the phone is too pretty. It sounds like enchanted fairy music. Sometimes I hear enchanted fairy music and I just stare off into space wondering where the pretty music is coming from...It is coming from the special pouch I sewed for my awesomely new phone. I sewed a pouch to wear around my neck so I could hear it  and I could wear the phone while I ride my bike.

The phone is so sleek and cool it won't stay in my pocket. So I sewed a special custom geek pouch for my ultra nerdy phone that I ignore when it does a cool ring tone. My hubby is a pragmatic man. His ring tone sounds like a good ole' fashioned telephone ring. I know I could change the ring so I could notice it, but that would mean I have to train myself to answer a new ring tone. Too much change!

So if you see an aging MILF wandering around Walmart staring into space as her fairy music ring tone is blaring around her neck, in that snazzy purple homemade pouch, tap her kindly on the shoulder and let her know that her phone is ringing. I'll appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment