Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pre Demo the infatuation stage

My husband wove the car through intersections and a sea of cars. Sirens in the distance and oddly lurching cars that plowed into the surging traffic all became a single living river of metal.

" It should be on the right. Look for Capitol Glass." My hubby said in a short tense voice as he jostled around a stalled semi. " I see a sign, I bet that is it!" We managed to find another entrance to the building not blocked by the ailing semi, parked the Camry and ventured into the Glass  store showroom.

Shiny stylish mirrors of all shapes hung in their decorative frames. After a short greeting from the sales consultant we crept through the gallery of mirrors. Not unlike a couple shopping for a wedding ring, we went back and forth about size, details, personal taste. Like the deciding factor in a wedding ring, was I, as the female of the couple, happy?

This is the Pre-demolition phase of our remodel.This is the fantasy time where all our dreams and expectations of the new bathrooms is still formulating. We are shopping for bathroom bling. We are holding hands and discussing task lighting as if it is the most fascinating topic on the planet. For us it is. This is our forever lighting, our dream lighting. This lighting will make us better people.

I know we are playing house and being frolicsome. We waited a long time to do these updates. I'm enjoying the savoring of possibilities. I like building things with my husband. It makes us feel like a part of a very exclusive team.

No comments:

Post a Comment