Friday, May 13, 2011

Magic button

I was doing something really important online (playing online games) when my husband asked me to do him a favor.
Could you sew this button on tighter to these shorts? He asked handing me the shorts.

No. I said. Much to his surprise.

What?! he asked with one eyebrow raised in disapproval and mirth.

You need to buy bigger pants. It isn't a magic button. Sewing it back isn't going to counteract a lifetime of bad choices. I said (while ducking out of reach from the tickling that would be sure to follow for my insolence.)

I wont be baking anymore cookies for you woman! ( The ultimate punishment)

Fine. I said. However, I did sew his button on. (Thus salvaging my cookie privileges.)

Oh thanks hun. He replied and thoughtfully said to the air. Maybe I should eat less cookies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment